Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LA River has water in it!

Crusin' east on Sunset past Union Station I saw that the bottom of the river was no longer just concrete with a stream down the center, but completely covered in water flowing down to Long Beach, so I stuck the camera out of the top of the mini and snapped this going over the river bridge. Then I saw a link on LA Observed that led me to naturetrumps that many better shots and movies of water actually flowing around here. Much better than the dry concrete flood control channels that we have been use to since the great flood of 1933 or something like that...

2 comments:

Robin said...

A concrete river bottom...with bushes and trees....hhmmm....

Proto said...

Okay, not all of the concrete took, the north end near glendale has a dirt floor. But as you can see by the edges, it ain't all natural. My shot, and from there south, is all concrete to near the sea. Many folk are trying to convert it to a park or a more natural state. I wish them well.