Monday, November 24, 2008

Train for Trains

So, I'm sitting in traffic at a red light and see this huge three car track-testing tunnel-drilling monstronsity right outside my car window. I grab the camera out of my glovebox, roll down the window and snap this quick video of a train that hardly anyone ever sees. It is on the track on first street that is going to part of the new extension to the gold line from downtown LA to East LA. Once they finish, I may start taking this railway line.
Okay, back to work...

1 comment:

Robin said...

You know...that's true. I see trains all the time. When I lived In a small town that had coal burning power plant, the coal trains idled on the tracks next to the house....all night long!! And here...I just hear them a mile away. But nothing like that.

I should be back with an explanation in a couple of days. I felt like reading everyone's blogs instead of writing today.

Hugs.