Friday, October 12, 2007

Omaha Luck


Thanks Nadine, luck was with me today. Enough good luck to get to the final table through six tables of live players. I arrived a half an hour late. Zooming down the interstate number fifteen was not as quick as I would have liked it to have been. I walked up to the desk and asked the director if I could still buy in. He said if he has a seat in the next fifteen minutes, I could buy in then. So I left my name and filled a cup of player's coffee and waited. A few other people asked the same thing and ten minutes later, a new table was started for a half a dozen of us plus an over flow from a non-dwindling table. As you can see buy the rapid blind structure, you need to make a move fast and collect chips, or buy the time the blind bets get to ten thousand and twenty thousand, you aren't going to last very long. Still I played the tightest omaha game of my life. For going a king with a pair of sixes and waiting for pairs of kings, queens, and aces to play with an ace two for the low half of the pot, if a low hand qualified. To qualify for a low hand, you have to have five cards that are eight or less. Three on the board, and two in your hand. For the high hand, normal poker rules apply except for the three on the board, two in your hand rule. Came in seventh of nearly sixty and took home a benjamin for my trouble. Time to rest from the playing and the traffic there and back. Will be shooting for good time Sunday afternoon for the blogger tournament.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Well that was a good night!

I saw that fiery crash on the news this am. Am very glad to see you reporting in!

Proto said...

The crash is way north of me, and just south of the valley my mom lives in. No getting through there for a few weeks. And detours go a long way around...