Thursday, May 29, 2008

In the Public Domain


I've been lurking on http://www.librivox.org/ for a couple of years now, enjoying an old book now and then from their ever growing catalog. Well, last night I finally contributed by reading in their weekly poetry reading. You can hear it all who recorded this weeks poem in this thread here. The professionalism some put into this free audio book hobby is amazing. I am grateful that they also encourage amatuers like me to contribute. Check them out, you may find something worth listening to, or even participate in reading for.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Okay! what happened to my comment??

Ugh!
Deep Breath!
Your reading was very nicely done!!

How many takes did you do to get it right??

Hugs!!!

Proto said...

Fouth take, with a few edits.
First two were thrown out with the microphone. Ended up using the microphone on a webcam, of all things. May have to buy a recorder, or a USB headset if I'm going to continue conributing.