Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dog Gone

Yes, I took him up to what could be his new home this morning. The interview went well, he seemed to like the yard, the kids, and the other pets there. He barked with tilted head when I left the yard, but he did not see me leave the home. I still have one of his chew toys in my pocket. I got about about a block away before my throat tightened and my eyes welled up. Damn I wish I could keep that dog. If only I had the facilities and family that could watch him all day. For he needs watching all day. They are a good family, and seem to like him too. I gotta go.

2 comments:

Robin said...

It's hard. He's like family. You did a good thing in finding him a family.
He'll be happy with others around to keep him busy. I would have thought that an older lady would have been good for him having come from that situation. But if he's active, this is best.
So many times pets that are left behind are put to sleep.
You did good.

You could get a cat. They take care of themselves....sorta.
They aren't so needy.

Big Hugs!

Jaysey said...

I'm sure he will love his new home. I'm glad you found him one.